Monday, March 1, 2010

march 1st.

where in the fat crap did february go?
that being said......march is here, and i'm fetching excited-warm air, little breeze, flowas, trees, good moods, fair's coming........................spring.
i promise for an entire week i've been in the utmost anticipation to see who that cheesy sack picks tonight-and i have to be honest, i started being able to stand vienna the second she said tenley dreams in cartoons.
but i still can't stand that googly eye of hers.

anyways, the point to the post-over the weekend i found an old, little notebook that i had kept my senior year of high school for a scripture journal (seminary days). i found a quote in there that made me think for a split second that i was a little more mature than what i gave myself credit for. or maybe i just haven't progressed at all since then, ha.
it was cool reading through it though, and unfortunately i still write the exact same. like a 17 year old.
but i couldn't help but share the quote for a march, sunny morning....

"while you're busy building others
up, the Lord is building
you. "
(i don't know who said it, sorry.)
have a fantastic day enjoying the sunshine!
(picture from the fair last year)

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

No way!!! Dreaming in cartoons is much better than trash. Vienna is kind of trashy, but word on the street is that he goes that route. I have yet to believe it!!!! Ryan and I can't wait for tonight. Is that odd how hooked we are?

Lindsay said...

How awesome! I laughed at your Vienna comment, that eye bugs me too. Love that fair picture! And LOVE LOVE your new header pictures - they are all amazing!

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

This is what I think-Tenly is too good for him. If he goes for Vienna, and I have heard that he does too-he's all about the surface and so Tenly will be lucky to have escaped.:) Why are we so obsessed with this show? Don't know but it is a guilty pleasure!

sarjuh said...

ok i laughed so hard when she said tenly dreams in cartoons... cracked me up.. and how she wasn't the only one who compared her to a cartoon. i like the quote

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I love that quote you found. Isn't it funny that something will have a huge affect on us and we'll write it down only to end up totally forgetting it? I promise this happens to me all the time!

I guess that's why studying the scriptures and developing our testimonies are life-long pursuits. We forget too dang quickly!!

But I bet it was really neat to look back on the things that touched you in high school. I really wish I would've kept my seminary journal better! Way to be doing the right things in life :)

RIndi said...

I can't wait for spring too. Cool pic it makes me want to go to the fair this year. And I liked the quote. Thanks for the uplift.