my obsession for rollerblading has been reborn. i literally want to rollerblade everywhere. and i have.
there have been times i've biffed it in the middle of the intersection while blading across the street in front of the cars. there have been times my breaks didn't work so i had to roll on the grass and fall to stop myself. there have been times my charlie-horses have been so bad in my feet that i've had to stop and rip them off. and there has been a time i have tried to show off in front of brad and ended up going into the splits and ripping every muscle in my inner area. that being said, im never going running again. i will strictly rollerblade.
our stake young women were asked to sing in the choir for the general young woman's broadcast.
i glanced around the enormous conference center and immediately couldn't pull myself together. thousands and thousands of incredibly beautiful young women every square inch of temple square. i can't describe the spirit i felt.
i felt so lucky to be in the conference center and listen to the talks. i felt lucky to sit and listen to my beautiful young women sing in the choir. i felt blessed to be their leader. and inadequate to help them find out who they are, and who Heavenly Father wants them to be. this gospel is inspired, i know it. i feel like the luckiest person to have been born into it. i never had to live a single day without knowing He is here with me.
we took the girls out for ice-cream after and i felt cozy sitting in there with them, talking about their lives (boys) and past stories. i wouldn't have wanted to spend my saturday night any different.
my favorite quote of the night was from pres. eyering:
"you are women of hope and our bright future, i am just simply here to remind you of that."
i was thinking about you today. your the craziest human i know. not girl, but actual human.
you have the energy of a dog that's just been let out of his cage, and a laugh that makes you feel like your the funniest person on earth. you don't know how to talk yet, but i know what your saying when you call me "dadda" and ask me to play the rap song "black and yellow".
i started thinking of your personality, and how with time it will change. you will grow up and eventually start carrying about what people think of you. you won't stomp around like you own the place with your arm swinging, and jump on the trampoline like your trying to put holes through it. you won't be super hyper when you take baths and you especially won't tickle your little boobies when you don't have a shirt on while running up and down the halls.
i wish i had a little cousin for you reese, but then that would mean i couldn't treasure you this much. and you wouldn't like me this much either. you would be too busy playing with your cousin.
i'm just so glad we're best friends. i'm so happy i get to take in all of your personality and enjoy who you are at 2 years old with all my heart.
and i'm starting to feel gut sick guilty for all those years of making fun of his music.
of course he has to be one of the nicest guys i've met.
so for that small group of people who know what i'm talking about....let's all listen to our efy favorite, "a call i hear" to remember the good times of singing "see that little hill on the side of the town...".
we might be the only people to enjoy these. sorry to bore you.
i'm sad the weekend is over. no more excuses to eat crappy and stay up late.
thanks so much les for coming and spicing up my weekend! i miss you in laramie....you belong here.
i don't know why i'm loving these "back in the day" demands, but this post kind of goes along the golden wife one. so last night at mutual suzanne read this and i seriously couldn't get enough. i'm sure you've read it before..but if not, enjoy. if i had to accomplish even one of these i'm sure i would have shot myself.
salt lake city young women in 1918.
these were the actual 20 young woman requirements you had to accomplish in able to graduate from the young woman back in 1916. (aka personal progress)
1. Care successfully for a hive of bees for one season and know their habits.
2. Give the distinguishing characteristics of six varieties of hen and cattle and tell the good and weak points of each.
3. Exterminate the mosquitoes over an area of 1/2 mile square by pouring a little kerosene on the surface of all standing pools of water twice each month during April, May, and June.
4. Make two articles of underwear by hand.
5. Cover 25 miles in snowshoes on any six days.
6. Learn to float in Great Salt Lake and propel yourself 50 feet.
7. During three consecutive months, abstain from candy, ice cream, commercially manufactures beverages, and chewing gum.
8. For one month, masticate your food so thoroughly that it slips down without any visible effort at swallowing it.
9. Successfully put a new washer on a faucet.
10. Care for at least two kerosene lamps daily.
11. For three month, take care of milk and cream from at least one cow and see that the pails, pans, strainer, and separator are thoroughly cleansed.
12. During two weeks, keep the house free from flies or destroy at least 25 flies daily.
13. Have your toilet moved to an isolated place in the garden. Have a frame of chicken wire built about three feet away and plant quick-growing vines such as cucumber or morning glories to screen it from observation.
14. Whitewash your toilet inside and out.
15. Know and describe three cries of a baby.
16. Without help or advice, care for and harness a team at least five times; drive them 50 miles during one season.
17. During two summer months, clean ice chest thoroughly twice a week.
18. Discover ten reasons why the Columbine should be the national flower.
19. Clear sagebrush off of one half acre of land.
20. Know six blazes used by the Indians.