Monday, March 28, 2011

my beautiful young women.

our stake young women were asked to sing in the choir for the general young woman's broadcast.

i glanced around the enormous conference center and immediately couldn't pull myself together.  thousands and thousands of incredibly beautiful young women every square inch of temple square. i can't describe the spirit i felt.

i felt so lucky to be in the conference center and listen to the talks.  i felt lucky to sit and listen to my beautiful young women sing in the choir. i felt blessed to be their leader. and inadequate to help them find out who they are, and who Heavenly Father wants them to be.  this gospel is inspired, i know it. i feel like the luckiest person to have been born into it. i never had to live a single day without knowing He is here with me.

we took the girls out for ice-cream after and i felt cozy sitting in there with them, talking about their lives (boys) and past stories. i wouldn't have wanted to spend my saturday night any different.  

my favorite quote of the night was from pres. eyering:

"you are women of hope and our bright future, i am just simply here to remind you of that."

4 comments:

Teandra said...

i was there too! It was a great night. love this gospel.

Maren said...

Awwww! That's awesome! I love little reminders about how amazing the gospel is!

My fav is that you look like you could be a YW too! Haha! Lucky....

Kenna said...

Beautiful!!! You are the greatest leader ever!!! These YW will remember you forever!!!

Carrie said...

Man, I am such a boob. I serve with the young women in my ward too, and so I totally know how you feel. I got a little emotional just reading your post!