Friday, March 5, 2010

work place.

Photobucket
i have this exact picture hung up right by my computer at work.
believe it or not, this is a real, actual picture.
my cousin that has been working in africa for the past couple of years saw it and (this is my favorite part) thought of me.
he snapped this business logo and now i have it proudly hanging.
this morning i was taking a patient back for her procedure and when i went in the back it stank so bad i started dry heaving, right in front of the patient.
i have never been so embarrassed.
after my boss came out, (the head nurse) and found me dry heaving while putting the file together, she bluntly said,
"melissa pull it together".
i walked up front humiliated beyond words.
as i passed the patient that i just previously brought back, she laughed and sarcastically said, "don't you love your job?"
sometimes i forget where i work and what they actually do here.
sometimes i forget the baggage that comes with this place.
but i can proudly say, overall-i really do love this endoscopy clinic.
i'm very content with my job.
p.s. what the snow? as beautiful as it is, i'm ready for spring.
p.s.s. going to see boys II men in concert tonight.
i repeat, going to see boys II men.

4 comments:

Erin and Tony said...

Hey, what endoscopy clinic do you work in? I have a friend in nursing school who works in endo, and i spent a day there on rotation to start IV's. Are you a tech?

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I'm so glad you included this story. It's the humiliating moments that we really learn a lot. I love what that patient said too!

Boys II men? You will have to be sure to give a song by song description of the night! I'm so excited for you! Have fun :)

Kelsey Gibb said...

Melissa i really feel soo proud of myself for taking that picture now that it is posted on your blog! I can't explain how hard me and jeff were laughing when we actually saw this and then even harder when it didn't even phase the hundreds of nigerias around us. And we actually didn't have a camera the day we did so we made a special trip back just to take it. Im glad your office can enjoy it!!

The Thueson's said...

Melissa!! That is so stinkin' funny and disgusting. K so what exactly is done there?? I think I am a little (slow) / confused! I know it is butt stuff at least right???

haha!