Monday, June 27, 2011

girls camp 2011.

gosh i love girls camp.  it's funny because the whole month before it seems like the most stressful time on earth.  and then you get up there, do everything you've planned and more, and come home and miss it. i crave my girls.  this year me and the other leader had to tag team.  she went up half of the time, and i went up the last half. i brought up a helper.  she's insanely cool.  she's 9 months pregnant and literally begged to come with me to help out.  i wouldn't have wanted to spoon with anyone else in that tent! although i do wish suzanne, the other leader, could have been there with us!

there's not a better experience than sitting around a camp fire, and listening to the sweet and beautiful testimonies of these teenage girls. each one of them have such hard backgrounds. it kills me to think of the some of the things they have to go through. i love them so much.

it was a blast, minus one incident that has to do with my sleeping bag and cheese whiz. let's not talk about it. i'm still butt-hurt. but i did manage to get some pictures, and these ones are my absolutely favorite. here's for hoping there's a girls camp 2012!

2 comments:

Maren said...

That's so fun! I remember I had to be a leader when I was 4 months prego, ...so I don't know how your friend did this at nine months. Still fun but hard when you feel the need to be puking constantly. THOSE are my memories. ;) JK. But not really.

AndersenFamily said...

I love those girls!