Tuesday, July 5, 2011

july 1st and all it's glory!


i feel insanely homesick for my canadian family right now. and family i mean cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma and grandpa. this week is literally what keeps me living a good life.  because i truly believe that this is what heaven is like.  all of us together.  laughing non stop and enjoying each others company to the utmost.  never contention, a fight, or even tension between the gibb family of all my 25 years of living.  i don't even know (and i'm sure i'm safe to say this is how the rest of the family is) most of what my cousins do for a living.  we just know that they are there.  and that we're family. that's all that matters to us.

126 family members and counting.  can you believe that? 126! 2 beautifully wonderful people came together and started the best family alive with the best sense of humor. (i'm biased) and it's hilarious watching all of us do things together because we take over the town.  there is a little ice cream parlor that we walked to daily and they had to call in an extra helper.  gosh i love them so much.  it's not fair.  it's not fair that i only see them once a year.  thank goodness for canada day!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

this was surprisingly more painful to look at than I thought it would be. Thank you for posting pics so soon. We do kinda have the best family ever. I don't think you're biased at all.

the murdocks said...

HDSJkhklFJDKLSJLSA. My heart. My freaking heart hurts right now. The picture you took of the gravel road is perfect. That is Hillspring. Thanks for the update! I was needing something to bring me back to that trip. These were just what I needed.

Maren said...

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuugggghghhhh! So sad that this weekend is already over and that I am home back to real life. That was so much fun!! As Joe and I were driving away we agreed that we thought your were one of the funniest people that we know. I cannot even count the number of times you had me belly-laughing Sunday night alone. I'm so glad I stayed up. Totally worth the sleepiness the following day. I love all your pics (Shawn's ice cream, the road, Reese, your matching kissy lips with Jax). And I especially love that I finally made it onto your blog. I know you didn't specifically talk about me, but I am in some pics, and that's good enough for me!! We really do have the best family ever. Thanks for posting.... now it's my turn to get my butt into gear!

Kelsey Gibb said...

Melissa!! Thank-you for posting pics of july 1st! I have been dying to see a glimpse of home and your pictures were all that and more!! Although i truly have never felt soo homesick/bummed out about missing out on all the fun...I vow to NEVER miss another 1st of july again!!

Matt said...

Wanna know what I love? The fact that if some random family saw your pictures and decided to attend a Hill Spring First of July for themselves... they would probably hate it. It really is all of us cousins that make it so stinkin fun.

Burnham Family said...

So freakin jealous!! Taylor and I made a promise that we would make it to the first of july next year...super lame that we had to miss it again!!!!!!!! Gosh it looked like a blast, as always!!

Leslie said...

melis i love the pic of grama puttion on grandpas tie! best post ever! miss everyone already!

Taylor & Kristin said...

Seriously what would hill spring be with out all you Gibbs... I heard they had to open extra foyers in the church that sunday! Krizzle Crazy. Im sad I missed you. Luv the picture of Brad feeding a squirrel, I have never seen someone do that!