Tuesday, July 12, 2011

shoreline trail.

for family night we thought we'd take a walk and get some fresh air. there's a trail a little passed the zoo that we've grown quite fond of. the view is spectacular. there's something about a stunning view that for a brief moment puts all priorities in perspective. i had a thought come into mind while we were up there staring at the view.
bad things happen sometimes.....in everyones life...... and for that time everything else in the world seems so dark. but when things go good, everything seems like there's nothing wrong in the world. i think a big key to a happy life, is to find the good when things go dark.  there is always good.  no matter how low or dark things get.  there is always always good in the world. the hard part is taking the time to find the good, or making the effort to make good happen.  for some reason when this thought came to mind, i felt a sense of peace.  almost as if that thought gave me power.  almost as if i had the answer for the next time things seem to go sour.

then immediately after that thought brad perked up and said, "we have to get out of here, i've got to find a bathroom asap."

2 comments:

Maren said...

Thanks for those thoughts. Funny enough I just barely posted about something similar. But I feel like you said it MUCH better than I did. When it's dark, it can get REALLY dark. But you are right about being able to find the good in everything. Thanks for sharing. Are you trying to be more inspiring than Kristen's blog?

Nate and Vanessa said...

I promise you I teared a little when reading this. Probably because ten seconds before I was writing one of the most negative posts and decided to delete it. Haha. Melissa I miss you! Thats all there is to it. I'm so sad I didn't get to see you when I was home but I swear to you I didn't have one dang second. Working when I came home was a huge mistake! But please can we play when I get back. I need it. I need you!!!!