Sunday, July 10, 2011

cabin fever.

 we have this incredibly awesome senior missionary couple serving in our ward right now.  they were cool enough to offer up their huge cabin for youth conference. so to get a feel for it and plan out youth conference they invited us up to check it out before hand for a couple of days. so a couple of the bishopric, my other young woman counselor and her husband and me and brad (we are both in the young woman/young men) made a trip out of it.

they spoiled us rotten.  long rides on their 3 wheelers (promise i thought they didn't make those anymore), hikes to beautiful views, dinner, breakfast, lunch, movies on their slide projector, hilarious games that involved a paper bag and not being able to bend your knees (it would take too long to explain..) and a huge swing set that the adults loved more than the kids.

something i thought would be a few days of simple planning, turned out to be one of the funnest couple of days. i only wish we could have invited more people:). thank you thank you thank you bro and sis cheney. it was a blast!

3 comments:

The Forbes said...

gosh darn it that looks like way too much fun. I love cabins:) and can I say I always look forward seeing your family reunions in canada. well the pics and hearing about it!

Kenna said...

Oh how fun! It looks just gorgeous up there! Love all the pictures of everyone, makes me miss ya all just a little bit. Youth conference will be so much fun for all the first warders!
Also I love all your Canada pics, makes me want to go on a trip to Canada, last time I went to Canada I split my head open and had to get stitches.

Maren said...

Sheesh, moving of from one fun thing to the next. I wish I lived closer to you so you could make me do fun things all the time.