Thursday, October 27, 2011

halloween is almost here!

p20111027-203451p20111027-203619p20111027-203542p20111027-204059

this is autumn.  she’s 14. she’s one of my young women.  sometimes when I’m with her I actually think I’m hanging out with an extremely mature 30 year old.  there was even a time I was dropping her off and before she got out of the car I yelled, “let’s hang out sometime!”. she yelled back by saying, “how about I come over right now and we can watch the nightmare before christmas!”.  that was music to my ears.  so we did just that. me, brad and autumn popped popcorn and watched a nightmare before christmas. that night I was thankful she wasn’t a 30 year old.  she didn’t have a husband to get back too, or kids she was feeling bad about for leaving them with her husband.  it was a spur of the moment hang out that I’ll treasure.

she’s one of the most creative and original humans I’ve ever met. before she goes famous, which I’m sure she will as a fashion designer or the ceo of a trendy magazine, I’m lucky enough to say I knew her at one point. while we were at a halloween church party, she was in the corner snapping these pictures of herself with my camera. it was a treat to find them later that night.

speaking of autumn, she thrives off of halloween.  something we both have in common! please if you’re not doing anything friday night, come straight over to my parents house for a halloween party! we’ll be there dancing and partying.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love that she took those of her self! Love that girl!

Maren said...

What a cute girl! Sometimes I'd like to have the responsibilities of a 14 year old again. That would be so nice.