Monday, October 24, 2011

another cheney experience, but this time in the fall.

 

we were lucky enough to be invited up to the cheney’s cabin with some other ward members again.

man, and I thought immigration canyon was gorge.  immigration has nothing on heber. the colors were out of this world.  we couldn't be outside enough. later that night we had a little halloween party and stayed up till 2 just talking and laughing. one of the best activities in my opinion. the wee hours are the best no matter the people. that’s when the conversations get good. and they were good!

we had a big halloween breakfast (sausage-wolf fingers, green pancakes-Frankenstein's skin, red scramble eggs-brains…you get the picture: )) and made another trek up to the water towers to check out the view. that view gets me every time.

when we were riding on the 3-wheelers and looking at the fields of green and gold, my heart got so full.  I felt so blessed to be able to do things like this. I know that sounds cheesy, but I felt so lucky in that moment. I felt like I had zero excuse to complain about anything else on this earth. I felt alive, peaceful, and loved. what could anyone complain about when feeling like that? I couldn’t help but squeeze brad on that 3-wheeler and let the crisp, fall breeze take over.

 

123456791012111314151716192118IMG_9857202223IMG_9880IMG_9882IMG_9881IMG_9825

2 comments:

Maren said...

That looks like so much fun! Those swings especially look scary!!

Kenna said...

Golly gee! Every time I hear you guys are going to the Cheney cabin or see the pics, I am so darn jealous. It looks freakin amazing, beautiful!
I also hope you are laughing so hard while you hold Theo is because his bum was rumbling on your tummy.
I sure do miss the SLC 1st ward gang, you guys are awesome!!!