Tuesday, October 11, 2011

diabetics get trendy.

 

mixer1mixer4

mixer6mixer3

mixermixer5

 

we got invited to another diabetic mixer.  this time it was at café niche.  trendy.  the food was awesome, and of course every. single. thing had the carbs available to count so you knew exactly how much crap you were eating.  the music was awesome, and the auction was a hit again.  brad won a huge picture of oprah winfrey and next to her face it said, “make it happen”.  this morning I woke up at 5:30 to go pee and that huge picture was hanging above our toilet. it scared me actually. I think brad is secretly proud of his winnings. and of course it was so wonderful to sit and talk with diabetics (the party is for type 1’s only, haha) with the same experiences, mood swings, high and lows, blah blah blah. it’s also nice for brad to sit and talk with the spouses of diabetics.  he loves it more than I do I think.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun! I need to get on the VIP list and come next time! I like the Type 1 only idea! Ha Ha!

Erin and Tony said...

I always get the invite to this and have never gone! I need to go next time, it sounds awesome... especially if you guys are there :)

the murdocks said...

What a cool event! And did Brad purposely bid on oprah?? Please say yes.