Friday, October 7, 2011

the good stuff is always free.

 

sunset

the other day I went for a hike up ensigns peak to let brad have some peace and quiet while he studied.  the weather was more than what I could have asked for.  I finally reached the top after heaving and thinking I was going to die about 17 times on the path.  8 sister missionaries were up there at the top all ecstatic about the view.  one was from korea, italy, africa, sweden, 2 from australia, and 2 from the east coast in the u.s.. they asked me all sorts of questions about what it was like to live in utah.  then they told me all the incredible reasons why it would be awesome to live here.  most of those things I take for granted of course. and then I was able to ask all the questions I wanted about where they all lived and what it was like.

we had conversations that I know I will remember for the rest of my life about Heavenly Father, families, struggles, the gospel and all the tender mercies in life. we laughed, promise I cried at some points, and I was able to hug every single one of them before they left.  we were all up there for about an hour and a half, and throughout the conversations I was able to hear every single one of them bare their testimony in one way or another in their own, beautiful accents.

they even wanted a picture with me at the end.  so there I was at the top of ensigns peak, in the middle of 8 sister missionaries, looking like a man, getting my picture taken with them.  I’ll treasure that evening with all my life. and the best part? I didn’t have to pay a cent for such a great experience.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Awww, I like this post. So true. The good stuff is always free. Well, ...sometimes. Haha!