Tuesday, January 26, 2010

gratitude.

grateful for having to only clean 500 square feet of apartment. i can't imagine having to clean anything bigger.
grateful for the extremely cheerful 80 year old man that's whistling while filling out his paper work. his whistle is blowing right into my face and making me have to swallow my dry heaves it stinks so bad.

grateful for the days that i force myself to exercise. the feeling afterwards is always accomplishing.

grateful for people that are brutally honest. they always make for a good story after the embarrassment fades.

grateful to come home and find our bedroom spick and span. then 5 minutes later find mounds of clothes hidden under 2 towels. my cleaning technique's are rubbing off on brad.

grateful for my lip smackers-vanilla swirl that i refuse to give up since junior year of high school.

grateful for sunsets that catch my eye and take me by surprise when i walk out of my apartment. i loved walking outside and seeing that. (above picture)

grateful for brads humor. essential for marriages.

grateful for the smell of my greasy hair that reminds me i need to wash it. if it wasn't for that smell, i would surely forget.

5 comments:

the fellers said...

oh my gosh Meliss, you really truly are the bestest!

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

The simple things in life are always the best. I find myself sometimes looking for big events to be grateful for, but to notice the small pleasures day to day makes life good. Thanks for the reminder. Love ya!

the murdocks said...

HAHAHA! Fantastic post merm. I am trying to remind you of my favorites, but there are too many, so I will just leave it at that. I just luf you.

Tom and Miriah said...

Absolutely perfect!

Hailey Jones said...

you really are the coolest person on the face of the earth.

and the other day my cousin and i were talking about our favorite things to do.

so i told her about your blog.

she agrees.
and she is waaaaaaaaaay cool.
almost as cool as you.

but thanks. for always making my life.