Friday, January 15, 2010

bad air

Photobucket
did i mention how much i love weekends?
but i must say,
this one is particularly going to be a fantastic one!
it's funny, the older you get the more intune you are
with what's happening in the world or even
noticing the small things around you.
well, 3 things that i find myself thinking about over and over again are:

one. this air is a mess of crap every time i breathe it in.
i feel like i'm about to suffocate every time i go outside.
but i have to say, it's beautiful to look down the streets and see a misty light fog that hovers just below the tunnels of trees. i love it.

two. i never ever watch the news.
but lately haiti has been on my mind.
i'm definitely not one to be obsessive over what's going on in other countries, but this one has left my heart feeling heavy.
i find myself saying prayers of hope throughout the day every time it comes on the news.

three. i feel overwhelmed with gratitude lately.
i've said it once, and dang it i'll say it again- having friends and family is such a luxury, but even more of a rare gift when you get to see their example of strength shine through with trial.



(the beautiful picture was taken by my talented cousin, brette.
for more of these incredible snow pictures, check out her blog here.)

1 comment:

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I love your blog... That pretty much sums it up. I haven't been on here for a while so it took me a good hour to look back through it all. I felt like I was reading a book, I was so into it, and never wanted it to end...ha ha! Anyways, you're great I wish I could see you in person more to tell you that!