Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my 11 unaccomlishable goals for 2011.

i'm not too much of a goal setter. 
growing up our family's motto was
"soar to your minimum".

and i've done an excellent job applying that motto to my life every day. 
but this year i feel inspired. i feel like i want control of certain things. 
so i'm going to try really hard to be a grown up and
accomplish these unaccomplishable goals.



one. i'm going to be honest/real with myself and with people around me. even if it makes me look dumb or feel uncomfortable.

two. rid the term, "i look and feel fat". it annoys me and annoys the crap out of brad.

three. rid the term, "i look and sound like a man". it annoys me and annoys the crap out of brad.

four. the second i think of a compliment in my head towards a complete stranger, i'm going to say it to them. who on earth wants to be deprived of a compliment? especially from a stranger.

five. no sugar for me and brad for 12 months.  that's right, not 12 minutes, i said 12 months. we've already started, and it sucks.  but we both believe in each other that we can do this.

six. do at least one productive thing a day. work doesn't count.

seven. wear either good smelling lotion or perfume every day. i want to smell good because it makes me feel good.

eight. make my health a number one priority. there's more details to this one, but that's all i'm going to say before boring you to death.

nine. absolutely stop judging people. i don't know how i'm going to do this, but i know i can and want to rid it entirely from my life.

ten. shave my legs twice a week. this one might the be the hardest one for me.

eleven. talk to brad more like a friend rather than just a husband.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

I was eating a banana and choked when I read number ten. I bet TJ would love it if I made that a resolution too. :) You're hilarious.

Melissa said...

These are wonderful. Re #5: You can do it. I think it will get easier with time. When I have cut out sugar in the past, the first little while is always the hardest.

You're an inspiration

Nicole S. said...

This is a great list! I can't wait to hear more about them. Miss you :)

Lindsay said...

Love it! You are awesome. Great list. And good luck!

The Harkers said...

You are awesome Melissa. I wish you the best on them. I might have to adopt the "rid the term I look and feel fat". Who doesn't that annoy? So why do we keep using/saying it so much. Seriously.

SarJuh said...

those goals are better than mine! you can do it

shannon said...

hahah love the family moto! love it!
i like #4 the best. i occasionally give compliments to strangers, and i hope that it makes them feel good

Ryan and Tori said...

LoL Love It! You're hilarious. I actually really like your #4 I can't tell you how many times I think compliments in my head like "I love her hair, I love that shirt, her baby's cute" but never say it. I don't even say it to friends or family!! I could really be better at that one, so I think I'll try it with you :)

P.S. I only shave my legs once a week. Who cares?!

P.S.S. You're crazy to go a year without sugar. It's good for you! (then again, not sure in your case :\ )

P.P.S.S. Thanks again for all your sweet comments about my family. I just can't disagree ;)

Allie said...

By cutting out sugar, do you mean completely cutting out anything with white sugar in it? Or just like candy and sweets, etc? Both are honestly awesome. Lots of good goals. As much as I would like to, I will never be able to stop judging people. Its my full-time job. Happy 2011! I'd love to see you sometime soon.

Kristen Ruiz said...

Melissa you are a NINJA! Especially for the shaving legs and no sugar for a YEAR!?!? These are all great goals! Have fun :)

Leslie said...

ummm melissa....i feel like i have already wasted the first 6 days of the year because i havent set one single goal. and really? twice a week? who does that?

Andrea said...

My father-in-law has done #5 every other year for over 20 years. He has one year without sugar (seriously) and one year without! He will not budge! Great goals, good luck!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Gosh, I love how real you are Melissa. You seriously just put your hearts and guts out there for us and it's so inspiring! I really love your list and want to incorporate these into mine too. Thank you so much for sharing! Oh and holy moley, good luck with the one year without sugar. I'll be rooting for you!

Kenna said...

I think to accomplish most of your goals that means you can't be around me. So your title should have been how to de-friend Kenna. I'm just kidding, but awesome goals! I didn't set any goals this year, but after reading your list I think I might want to set goals this year. Good luck!