Monday, January 17, 2011

25 on sunday.

i can't fathom i'm already 25. weird.
we started saturday with my favorite breakfast done by brad....quiche.
and ended  the day with my favorite activity...popcorn and a movie.
everything in between was really laid back.  which i thought was absolutely perfect.
i wanted to do nothing, that way we didn't have to spend anything huge.
so by my request we watched eat, love, pray.  i'm sure it was a chore for brad to sit through.

i did ask for one request from brad that had to last the entire day for one of my presents.
brad does about 4 quotes in these hilarious voices that have me laughing so hard every time he does them. 
the only problem is that he never does them.  even when i beg, because he hates being put on the spot.
so my one request was that at any given moment when i asked him to do a quote, he had to do it.
and he did....and i was laughing every 7 minutes.  i took full advantage.

the hardest was sunday.
my family celebrated my birthday with a fondue party.  nice.
me and brad were sitting in the corner eating our sugar-free pudding with strawberries with a chocolate crime scene going on in the kitchen.  chocolate was everywhere.
BUT-we can say we conquered it with flying colors. the sugar cravings are officially gone, and we both feel like saying "no" to sugar has become a thousand times easier after that night.
one month down, 11 more to go!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

melissa - i am proud as punch that you have one month down! and i want to slap your family for tempting you with fondue on YOUR birthday! rude. i am glad you had a good bday and that brad spoiled you by saying quotes....

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one! Sounds awesome!

Taylor & Kristin said...

I know how rude of your family to do that... I wouldnt even think of eating delicious strawberries and chocolate in front of you :). I now want to hear these quotes next time i see you guys. Hope you had a good BIRFDAY.

the murdocks said...

We really are a bunch of buttholes. I was shocked at how strong you were.

The Forbes said...

Happy Birthday! sounds like a terrific birthday!! and thanks for posting stacies soup I love new recipe cant wait to try it.

chelsey said...

So glad you had a great birthday! And way to go for staying sugar-free! You guys can do it! I'm rootin for ya! Babies are soo worth it:)
By the way...tried Stacie's soup. Uhmazing. And Zach and I both love the Almond milk and hazlenut cream! It is such a treat as we're trying to make some better habits ourselves! Thanks for posting!