Tuesday, July 27, 2010

a day without work is a wonderful thing.





"The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend."
-- Cali Rae Turner

i had the day off yesterday..words can't describe the joy that comes with the
thought of having no work when i wake up. i went to stace's house and hung out for the day.
we went for a bike ride and then met up with my mom, jax and mike (jax's best friend) for lunch.
we laugh so hard when we get together.

i love being able to be as crude and as ugly as i want with them and not get one look of disgust or thoughts of judgement. i don't know where the crudeness came from in our family,
but to us...it's absolutely hilarious. and we love it. it binds us.
the hardest part is not being crude when we are with people other than the fam.

me and stace went back and just talked. talked like sisters do.
talked about everything and anything.
that wore us out and we fell asleep with the kids.
i loved everything about yesterday.

i love having sisters.
i just wish jax didn't have a full time job like the rest of us burnouts.




6 comments:

Kenna said...

I am so glad we got to have a Melissa/Kenna chat, it has been forever.
Sweet bike and post, it made me want to go and spend the day with my sister.
You are totally awesome Mrs. Elder!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

How fun! I have to agree though, sisters are the best.

the murdocks said...

I can't stop looking at these pictures! I'm so glad you brought your camera. That day was just what I needed, totally perfect. But now I'm going through Melissa withdrawals. Love you!

the murdocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

oh my heck how perfect of a day! please can i come visit?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site lifeofelders.blogspot.com
Is this possible?