Monday, May 10, 2010

why yes, she is MY mom.


i've been thinking a lot about my mom lately. she unfortunatley wasn't here this weekend for mothers day because she, my dad and the 3 boys went on cruise. i don't even want to talk about how jealous i am. anyways, i've been thinking back to some of the most rememberable times with her.

i remember coming home from pre-school when we lived in california and there was a 60 year old, chinese man just sitting cross legged on our living room floor watching cartoons (we lived in an apt at the time while my dad went to school) and he was eating a bowl of roman noodle. it was pooring outside. he didn't even know english and she let him in, fed him, and let him sleep out in our car that night. and what makes this story even better, is when my dad got home, he didn't ask questions, or even tell her how dangerous it was of her to do that. he got out the blankets and made the car as comfortable as he could.

all of our family was driving to our cousins house, and a man had a sign up leaned next to him that said, "i'm hungry, please help". my mom told my dad to pull over to the side of the road. my mom yelled out to him, "what would you like to eat sir?". he stood up and walked up to the car, "anything, please." so we turned the car around back to the house, and my mom put together a sub sandwich, a drink, and some chips together for him. we all piled in the car and drove back and gave it to him. i will never forget that memory.

after high school, for some weird reason, i went from platinum blonde to pitch ugly black. i walked in the house absolutely hating the decision i made and my mom was sitting on the chair right by the front door. i walked in and she stood straight up and started laughing, and then after she stopped laughing she said, "take that wig off right now." i started bawling. then immediately after i started crying she said, "well, why in the heck did you dye it black??" zero comfort, haha, not even a sugar coat of comfort. i love so much thinking back to her reaction.

bottom line, it's so easy to love her aside from her weaknesses, because she never hesitated for a second to love me with all of mine.

3 comments:

JaX! said...

Loved this post mel! and the one below it, awesome

the fellers said...

those are seriously the BEST stories ever...especially the last one, I can totally see her saying that! haha...love Mona!

the murdocks said...

Awe! I remember those first two stories!! And the third one I would have paid money to witness.