Sunday, May 23, 2010

tree huggers.


Align Center

we thought we would strap on a set and finally do some hiking in the mountains. i forget how freaking close they are. down the street almost. and i also forget how fortunate we are to have them so close.
right when i think i'm getting somewhat in shape, something like this (hiking) happens and i'm literally stopping every 5 seconds to catch my breathe. promise on my life i was using excuses like, "let's stop for a minute, that mountain looks cool". brad figured it out by the 7th time i said it in 20 minutes, and stopped stopping when i asked to look at the "cool mountains".

although everything was half dead still due to this fantastic weather utah refuses to rid itself of, it was still beautiful. the mountains are always beautiful to me. away from the world. and thank goodness for that.

did you hear? not wearing makeup is in style.
k jokes, but seriously, sorry for the haggard look so upclose (and yes, i contrasted the pictures to make my eyelashes look darker).

p.s. i haven't said thank you to all of you who left those incredibly nice comments about the aerobics test-even those little one second comments make my day and leave me feeling so lucky to have friends. so thank you for taking the time!

2 comments:

AndersenFamily said...

I love having the mtns so close too! It is so nice to get away for a minute and be out of the city. My goal this summer is to play hard in the mountains!

chelsey said...

Love this post! You guys would fit right in here in Oregon! :)