Monday, May 17, 2010

a really good saturday.

this saturday was a fun one (after work was over).
we got brads parents scooter, and my parents scooter and just cruised around salt lake.
we even picked up some friends along the way (kelley and candice).
the weather was perfect.
i love cruisin around on those things.
we tried to squeeze in a dessert they brought in the seat of the scooter, ha. it worked, and we enjoyed the delicious dessert.

they had this cool, little gadget to roast marshmallows.
it was a little portable fire.
we were obsessed with it.
we went to the park, threw down a blanket, played croquet, and then went to town on the smores.
(for those of you who have mentioned how concerned they are for my health from all the food/sugar i post, well don't worry..most of the time i usually either have small portions, a bite or none at all. it's brad who usually indulges on the good stuff....just to be clear:))

overall, it was an awesome saturday!
a day to make me feel ready and refreshed for a new week.

6 comments:

the murdocks said...

MELISS!! I honestly feel jealous that I wasn't there. That looked like so much fun!! I want to cruise around on scooters all day like that. Can we do that next time we are at mom and dads?? please.

Leslie said...

another fun weekend melissa? really? cant you just blog about having a boring ol weekend just once? haha and i love how you have to clearify to your concerned readers!

Lindsay said...

Oh for the love. I hope you eat more than just a bite of the good stuff - a little extra insulin is TOTALLY worth it! You are a much better diabetic than I am...I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate. Good thing we live in this day and age! My brother was just telling me about this cool thing that tests your blood sugar continuously throughout the whole day through a little remote control thing - it looked pretty sweet! It's called the Freestyle Navigator. Have you heard of it? Makes me curious...maybe I would have better A1C's and stop getting flack from my Dr. Anyway...You are awesome - looks like a great Saturday! Fun pictures!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH the life you have... Can you please have a baby so I can read about changing diapers and sitting at home. Seriously... I'm jealous

Love ya!

melissa said...

rack and leslie-promise it evens out with me having to work everyday. sometimes i want to get pregnant just for the soul purpose of not having a job.

the fellers said...

I LOVE that what you see in the picture of the dessert is someones shirt that says FEED ME! haha