Wednesday, February 3, 2010

melting pot.

what can i say, we saved up since christmas for this meal.
this place is ridiculously expensive, but some of the BEST food i've ever had.

i promise we walked in, looked at the host and said, "table for 2 please",
while holding up a peace sign.
i'm sure we looked like extremely overly confident 17 year olds.

she looked up, lifted her eye brows and said, "do you have reservations?"
we felt like tools and said no.
she then said we had to wait for a table till 9:30.
it was 5.
so we walked out dragging our wrists with no pride ready to go to eat
somewhere across the street.
she stopped us while we were in the door and said we can wait and see if the next people don't show up for there table.
so we stayed, waited for half an hour, and conquered with a table!

brad said about 6 times through dinner that he felt under-dressed,
and honest to goodness i don't think i've ever heard him say that once
since all the years i've known him.
it was luxurious in there.

the food was delish, the experience was awesome, and i say...save your money, take out a loan, do whatever to make it in there at least once before you die.
well worth the 80 bucks. (and yes, that's how much it cost for a 4 course meal)
full beyond words..

11 comments:

sarjuh said...

mmm yep I love that place

Travis, Shantell, and Family said...

the melting pot is ONE of my absolute favorite places to go-I wish I could go more often but your right way to pricey!!! I have been able to experience that place 3 times in my life- I LOVE IT

Nicole S. said...

That is a place I definitely would love to try! Guess it will have to wait until Dan has a steady job.

Lignell Family said...

MMMMM. We Love the melting pot. I think you get so full there because it takes like 4-5 min between bites to cook your food! But it well worth the time! Yum Yum!!

the murdocks said...

Now that picture of you is a keeper. We need to check out that place!

Hailey Jones said...

i want that bad.
never been.
but maybe i can talk this big nic into taking me there.

chelsey said...

oh my gosh. I love the melting pot! Seriously the best food experience you can get! YUM!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH we love the melting pot! Seriously last time we were there for 2 hours... Mark and I were laughing because never in our lives have we spent two hours eating at a restaurant. Each thing they bring out just gets better and better. And because they make it right in front of you I was trying to take notes so I could make it at home... ha ha, ya right!

Teandra said...

Expensive? Yes. Please read our story from last year: http://the-everetts.blogspot.com/2009/02/v-day.html

we're still trying to save up to go.

Jessie said...

Oh Mel you don't even know how happy I am that you loved the pork chops! They're pretty much divine.

Speaking of food, you guys should try Pat's Barbecue in Salt Lake. REALLY delicious bbq and super cool place!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Hmmmm.. I've never been there before but I'm going to have to try it out. I've heard so many good things about it! oh and SCORE on getting someone else's reservations!