Monday, February 8, 2010

laramie, wy.

leslie wasn't lying one smidgen when she said there is nothing to do in laramie.
my heart goes out to her for having to stay there and support while her hubs goes to school.
but no matter where les and mike are, it will be a good time.

her freaking baby is adorable!
i was obsessed with him before i even met him,
and meeting him just did me over.
he has some of the deepest, cutest dimples i can imagine,
and some of the smoothest skin.

i fell hard for little jake. and leslie makes an incredible mom.
it was awesome being able to be with them, have late night chats in our pj's, and just hang out and talk like old times.

we drove to fort collins, colorado, which was about an hour away-it was the daintiest little town! we hit up rodizios....mmmmmmm....rodizios.
one of my all time favorite places.
i was obsessed with is little pants.
they looked even cuter to me hiked up to heaven.
(this one's for you mike)
and of course had to take some pictures of my road trip.
i'm obsessed with the open road.
i loved even more being able to listen to all the music i wanted without brad disagreeing.
i belted out every song with pride.

i unfortunately did get a ticket. $117.
the cop pulled me over and asked, "do you know how fast you were going?"
and i replied honestly, "yes sir, i was going 98."
the cop, "oh..... well i clocked you at 94."
me-"i'll take your number over mine."
while laughing that wein gave me a ticket.

then after texting brad to tell him the shiz news, his text reply was, "how many tickets are you going to have to get to understand to not go over the speeding limit?"
he's a brilliant man, i just wish i could give him a dang answer.

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my, that is too funny! Way to be honest! What a cute little man too! Sorry about the ticket though, that sucks. I LOVE Rodizios too...YUM.

Jennie n Jeff said...

next time show a little cleave... works like a charm.... looks like fun, cute baby Les!

Anonymous said...

I'm so unbelievably jealous that you were there!! I can't wait to go. I think Jake misses me.
And boo to the ticket! When I went to register my new car I had to pay $350 in tickets. I was not impressed.

Brette

Anonymous said...

hahaha melis - i love the first line of this post. and mike is mad at you. and that sucks about the ticket, you should have stayed another day i guess.
leslie

Hailey Jones said...

thanks for even though you are not starting a food blog posting about great places.
i feel sheltered. since the only really great place i ever eat is morelia. if you haven't been. go.
so now... rodizios.
thanks.
and your a great photog (ps)

the fellers said...

HA, I love you Meliss..and fetch, that babe is CUTE!

Nicole S. said...

You are right, her little baby is adorable!!!!

I love that you got a ticket. Okay well I don't love it but at the same time I do. lol

Dani said...

So if you ever drive through Oregon, Do Not Get a Ticket...I will repeat that...Don't get a ticket! That baby was just about half a grand, and I was only going 65 in a 55 mph!! I just about pooped my pants, literally. But I did laugh that you got a ticket because I usually get one without fail on roadtrips, lol.

Anonymous said...

thankyou for telling me that it really is boring in laramie, now i wont go...
i forgot how cute that kid is. i really need to see him again.
shann

JaX! said...

Love this post!! How cute, glad you had fun and was able to go. And I do have to agree with brad....no matter the roadtrip you will always get a ticket. Too bad brad wasnt there to recite the article of faith like in Canada...

The Harkers said...

Oh, Jake is so cute, and I HATE that I have to stalk your blog to see pictures of him! You need to lecture Leslie too! I am jealous you went out there