Monday, December 7, 2009

christmas spirit.

i think this year it has taken me the longest to
get into the christmas mood.
i feel more stressed and anxiety with christmas than i ever have.

which is way sad to say...but oh well, i'm sure that is
the story of every one's life.
or maybe not, maybe your all just nestled into your couch nightly
with some hot cocoa brewin enjoying every bit of the season.

maybe it just took getting some christmas directions up
and feeling that warm, cozy feeling going on.

i love christmas, i just wish i didn't have to force myself in the christmas mood,
i wish it just came the second december came.
and i wish i didn't focus one bit on presents and gifts
and only focused on the real meaning.
but despite what i have lacked thus far with christmas,
as of tonight i feel calm....i feel cozy....i feel blessed...... i feel the spirit of christmas.
and i hope it lasts all month.

4 comments:

KO and SJ said...

I feel the same way...

the murdocks said...

Who doesn't feel that way meliss. Remember, no more people pleasing. I promise that will make your holidays all the more fantastic. Just think of yourself and give to no one...it really works. jokes. but really, you need to do more for yourself. And I LOVE the snow pictures.

Nicole S. said...

You should have enjoyed a Christmas movie with us last night to put you in the mood. JK I think that every year is different as far as when I feel in the Christmas mood.

Elizabeth said...

Now you know why I get the majority of shopping done before Thanksgiving! There isn't enough time in Dec. to enjoy the real season if you have to shop for everyone. Try it next year, it is awesome...and to echo Stacie's words, say no to everything. I never offer to do anything in the month of Dec. unless I really, truly want to. :)