Thursday, April 28, 2011

the diabetic mixer

a couple of weeks ago, i got a call from an old, sweet friend from high school.  her poor husband just got diagnosed with type one betes.  i'm tellin ya, it's the cool thing now.  everyone's doin it:).

since then we've been talking so much more and i've been loving it.  we got invited to go to a type 1 diabetic mixer for anyone 21-35.  hahaha, who would have thought? i was surprised at how trendy it was.  it was held at the wild grape restaurant, they had a huge raffle with insane gifts and some good music.  we were able to sit and talk with everyone and hear all the stories.  it was an inspiration to be there. 

i'm so happy kellie and her fantastic husband, wade, were able to come.  they have such an incredible outlook on it and she's handling it beautifully...even with her little baby inside.  believe me, the spouse has to be prepared just as much as the person who has the disease.  they motivate me.  they make me want to have a better attitude and be a sweeter person. she's as sweet as they come. i love havin me some diabetic friends.

3 comments:

Erin and Tony said...

I'm glad to hear that was fun! I kinda wanted to go, but didn't cause I'm lame....

Lindsay said...

How awesome! How old is her husband? That's no fun. But holy cow, I just watched that video on your previous post and I just about peed my pants! HAHA! Hilarious!

The Forbes said...

That is so good to have something like that to go too. And seriously that is great you have a supportive husband and now some friends to talk to about it.