Friday, April 8, 2011

still so much good..

i feel like this week i've noticed so many little things that make this world so wonderful.  nothing that i did of course, but things that i saw other people do or say that made me realize there's still so much good in the world if you stop to notice.  

  • before i took an older woman back for her procedure her sweet husband said to me, "take good care of her, she's my life."
  • i saw a man about to get in his car and a waitress sprinting out to him with his leftover box that he left on the table.  it looked like he was so grateful.
  • seeing stunning pictures of my beautiful cousin christie get married in the alberta temple. she looked so happy!
  • reese telling me "i wuv oo" before leaving yesterday. it left me choked.
  • a girl in my class that i was teaching asking me in the middle of a workout if my diabetes was doing ok. i wanted to stop the class and hug her.
  • a boy in front of the hospital that looked about 14 helping an old man down the sidewalk to his car.
  • i overheard a customer telling the cashier that she had beautiful eyes.
  • watching the mormon messages. they are all so inspiring.
  • watching my dad babysit reese and cooper.
  • seeing one of the nurses drive a patient she didn't know in her car to another hospital because her insurance wasn't covered at the facility. the patient didn't have a car and the nurse didn't want her to walk in the snow.
i know these are small, but to me they made an impact. i'm touched to the point that i feel so happy and blessed to be a part of such a wonderful place. happy friday indeed:).

6 comments:

JaX! said...

My word, they all made me choke up. I love that Reese can say that now, makes my heart melt. I also loved number one!

Kristen Ruiz said...

Aww, these are great!! Thanks for sharing them, now I want to see if I can find little gems like these in my own life!

Maren said...

I seriously am trying not to cry right now. A good reminder that the world is good, ...and that I need to be a better person.

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

Thank you Melissa for sharing your light. Your message inspires me! I love you!

The Merrills said...

I loved these!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to notice the good that is out there :)

the murdocks said...

What good reminders, Meliss, that people are good! Thanks for these little stories.