Monday, April 4, 2011

weekend randomness...




some random pictures for a random weekend.  had a beautiful friend's baby shower.  and quite a few friends that are knocked up as well.  more baby showers to come:).

i have good news, well for me.  we're back on sugar, ha. i had my appointment with my dietitian and she gave me a new insulin pen (diabetic talk that nobody understands) and a new kind of insulin that should help regulate my sugars a whole lot more.  so going off sugar is NO MORE she said!! i guess i never explained in the first place that it was due to diabetic purposes and brad was just along ride to support me.  i'm not lying a freaking smidgen when i say mine and brads marriage has never been better.  those were dark days with no sugar.  dark and gloomy days. there was no color in our days. objects were blurred. talking was monotone.  energy was low.  we have never been so hyper and happy. permanently hyper. sugar is a good thing peeps, well..sugar in moderation that is.

and good timing too...general conference was that much better.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Halle-freaking-lujia! I knew something was way too hard on you (diabetes-wise), I'm glad the doctors finally figured it out. The pens are the bomb. I wonder if they're the same as mine. But I never go off sugar (I have a slight, okay huge addiction.) But my A1C's have been awesome lately. Probably mostly because I'm pregnant so I'm watching it all like a freaking hawk, but still. Life's not worth living without sugar! Oh happy day! I hope your feeling good too! Way cute pictures! I always want to download that hipstamatic app whenever I look at your amazing pictures! So fun.

Tom and Miriah said...

Bahahaha! This post made my day. I'm glad you can eat sugar again. I was off sugar for one week, yes that's ONE short week, and I almost died. Well, Tom almost killed me, that is. Wayyyy too grumpy, tired, and angry without sugar :)

the murdocks said...

The worst part about this picture is that I actually remember thinking my hair looked good that day. Wow, I was wrong.

The Merrills said...

Melermmmmm! I'm so happy for you! Just in time for EASTERSSS too :)
It was so fun to see you at the shower! Wow, you could tell I'm pregnant just by looking at my face.....
Hope lunch was fun! I'm dreaming o f the day when we all get together again!!

chelsey said...

Ahhh! Those girls look so dang cute! So sad to be missing out on all these showers! :(
But...HURRAY for eating sugar again! It's amazing how a little treat can make such a difference :)