Sunday, May 1, 2011

i feel at peace.

i feel so much peace and joy right now.  i know i could have written this in my personal journal, but for some reason i guess i wanted to share it openly.  me and brad went for a walk tonight and noticed all the life along side of us.  little birds, the sunset, the warm breeze, the sun hitting off the water.  i felt His love through all these little things. 

we started talking about good people that have impacted our lives. some of the people we thought about made us laugh out loud thinking about stories with them.  other people made us think of how we learned so much from them and their sweet examples.  some people we thought about made us actually say out loud to each other, "awww" at how some of them have served us. we thought of close family members and our grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. and then we talked about complete strangers that we've met for brief moments that have uplifted us and had a forever strong impact on us.  i felt like the list was endless.  i'm smart enough to know it's not fair for us to be so lucky. so to all the wonderful people that we call our friends that read this stupid blog, thank you so much for being our friends.  to all our beautiful family members, thank you so much for your never ending love. what a miracle it is to feel so richly blessed.

i'm about to get even more cheesy and greasy-but i feel like this song describes perfectly how i feel right now. so what the heck, here it goes.....

Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the works thy hand hath made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed;

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

When through the woods and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
and hear the brook, and feel he gentle breeze;
 

And when I think that God his son not sparing,
Sent him to die - I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin:


When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home- what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God, how great thou art!

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

3 comments:

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I love you! I read this and it has started my day off with joy. Thank you for the reminder that the "little things" and "earthly angels" are an indication of His eternal love.

Ashley said...

I love that you posted this. We were walking by the river last night and I was singing that same song and having many of those same thoughts. i don't think it's too corny to share them. I mean, a little, but, not bad. ;)

Allie said...

Great post! That hymn is my fave.

Um, can I ask if I was one of the people you talked about? No big deal, just wondering.