Friday, May 13, 2011

ahhhh..... the weekend begins.






i've been anticipating the weekend all week more than usual.  there's nothing going on, nothing huge to look forward too, just being outside in this beautiful weather makes me so excited!

brad picked me up from work yesterday with lunch and a blanket and my newest fave, chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  we hit up this field of grass by the opening of emigration canyon.  it was deserted.  the grass was green and thick.  there was a little creek down below us.  i couldn't have asked for a better day.  we played some catch, talked, ate, slept for an hour, i loved it.

the day before that i hit up my folks home after my class and had a brief party with my family.  everyone was there.  we were all outside.  reese was in her superman outfit.  music was blazing.  again, i couldn't have asked for a better evening. all within a couple of hours.

i'm going to repeat the words of my brilliant little sister jaclyn, "dear life, you treat me so well.....thank you".

i'm truly thinking it's the weather though.  life only feels great when the weather is great, ha.

p.s. a downer-me and brad saw a little old man that worked at smith's have a heart attack.  it broke our hearts.  it seriously was one of the saddest things i've ever seen. i hope he gets better, or lives for the matter...

3 comments:

Maren said...

It's so true how the weather can either put a damper onyour day or make it wonderful! (Or watching a man have a heart attack. That would put a damper on it. Sad!). What a romantic thing for Brad to do! Picnic lunch! Nice. I think I just surprise Joe at work today for lunch. Thanks for inspiring me!

Lindsay said...

Seriously, everything's better in the summertime! And holy cow, I am obsessed with chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Yum!

shannon said...

just an fyi, reese is wearing spiderman- not super man!!
your mom looks like she is 20 yrs old. she looks soo great!