Monday, November 29, 2010

thanksgiving: weidners








763 pounds later, both thanksgivings are over. man my body needs a heavy duty detox. i'm not talking about a week of cayenne pepper and lemon water.  i'm talking about the prep my work uses to clean out the colon before a colonoscopy.  it was such a wonderful holiday. i really was in love with everything we did.

my mom made an outstanding dinner that ended within seconds because our family turns into ravenous wolves when there's food in front of us. it was delicious mother weidner.
that day our entire family went to stace and daves ward to listen to their beautiful talks in sacrament meeting, ate a thanksgiving feast dinner, and then played some mean games of pit. our family is becoming huge fans of that game.

i can't tell you how much i loved being inside with my family while the snow was falling so peacefully outside. i miss thanksgiving holiday already thanks to both families.


check out stacie's unbelievable pictures from kauai here.  she's got game with her camera.

7 comments:

the murdocks said...

Yesterday was fantastic. Dave is going to LOVE himself in the first picture. HAHAHA!

shannon said...

im so happy that you are playing pit!! i saw the card game, and thought in my head- i hope they are playing pit!
looks fun and delicious.

Jessie said...

My goodness, could Reese look any more like Cooper than she already does? So cute!

P.S. I can't believe you're jealous of my trip when you were just in FREAKING Hawaii. Please don't be jealous. Go though, it's worth it.

Maren said...

I am literally eating popcorn as I read your blog. It's just THAT entertaining. (Not just any popcorn though, it's gotta be white cheddar. My latest addiction). Anywho, I love all the pictures and miss you guys so much. What I love most about reading your blog is that I can hear you speaking every single word, and I love it. And of course your amazing pictures!!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I cannot believe how lucky you were to celebrate Thanksgiving THREE times this year! And every single time looked amazing. Goodness, gracious - can I be a Weidner/Elder/Canadian next year too?

Leslie said...

dang it melissa...these pics make me miss you and your whole fam! wish i coulda been there

Jaclyn said...

That picture of me is scary...I don't like it.