Wednesday, November 10, 2010

kauai is my new love.








 sorry about the picture dump..
i know i already said this, but this place is unreal.  

i can truly say its a tropical paradise and not be exaggerating in the slightest.
i feel so blessed (ope, testimony) to be able to come here again.
the last time me and brad came i remember feeling an ache knowing we would probably never be able to come to this heaven on earth again.  
utah has never looked so dreary looking out the window when the plane was landing.
i can't say thanks enough to my parents.  
i know they scrimped and saved for this trip to be able to get us all there.  
and i'm so grateful (testimony part 2)
it was honestly the best time with my family.
i love them even more after this trip.
i don't know a more fun group of people all under one roof.

best conversation of the trip: gentle josh had to sit next to an older man on one of the plane rides.
the man asked josh, "so are you here for a family reunion?" (there was 12 of us all sitting by each other).
gentle josh answered by saying, "no, these are all my brothers and sisters".
the man asked, "oh wow, are you from utah?"
gentle josh said, "yes.."
the man asked, "how many moms do you have with all these kids?"
josh didn't know what he was asking and said, "i have one mom, and the rest are my brothers and sisters"
the man, "so wait, you only have one mom and the rest of these kids came from that one mom?"
josh," ya........i think so....."
we were all dying.

second best thing: a couple on the flight with us actually asked for my mom and dads number so they could hang out with all of us. they specifically wanted to come to one of our dances.  they called us 3 times while we were there. awesome awesome.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome trip! I am so glad you got to go before winter hit. Looks like it was a blast. Hope you ate lots of yummy food. :)

Kristen Ruiz said...

SO JEALOUS!! It looks like you guys had a riot!!
And I totally didn't recognize Robbie in that family picture haha.

Kelsey Gibb said...

All i can say after reading this is that i have never missed kauai this much in my life. It sounds like you guys had way too much fun!! It totally is paradise!!! Loved the gentle josh story too! haha!

shannon said...

josh is so cute in that pic with reece and coop. love it. please bless that i will go to hawaii soon. and i want you all there with me.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh. I am sitting here at work, but I feel like I'm in heaven after seeing all those pictures! AHHHH!!! Love it. Looks like an incredible time!

Signature Kauai said...

Looks like you had fun - our company is located in Logan and we market vacation rentals on Kauai. I always get info on postings about Kauai so I saw yours come up. When I saw the Utah connection, I had to say "Hi". Let us know if you are thinking about Kauai in the future - our website is www.luxurykauai.com.

the murdocks said...

JDKLJFLDJLJFSDFJS....I knew I could count on a post from you already. I couldn't wait to check. I am DYING with sadness and happiness looking at these photos!! They are all beautiful and capture the fun we had. I miss you already merm!

Peacocks said...

That is the best, I am laughing so hard at that conversation. So so funny! Looks like an amazing trip Mel! How fun.:)

Kenna said...

How fun! Super jealous! You look like you had a great time and your pictures look amazing. It's too bad you had to come back to this freezing weather. but glad you are back so some aerobics can kick my butt

Jonathan and Kiri said...

How fun!!!!!! What a funny conversation on the plane too. Sheesh! Your family sounds like a BLAST to be around! And apparently everyone in the world thinks so too - I love that they called you THREE times on that trip. Fun fun!

Great pictures of course, too.

Leslie said...

i really feel like i was there with you guys..but sad i wasnt really at the same time. please lets move the first from the farm to hawaii!
oh and i cant wait to talk with you on msn again...its been far to long.