Monday, September 27, 2010

diabetic walk



lindsay neff informed me of an annual diabetes walk. me and brad jumped all over it.
they made us wear these red hats so they could identify who has diabetes.
i think that might have been the first time i've ever felt cool for having diabetes.
heck, i'll take it.

even though the walk was about half a block and they had drink stops every 1 second,
it was awesome being able to see all the diabetics and chat with lins.
she's so great, and the best example i could ask for when it comes to the betes.
p.s. it broke my heart seeing so many little kids with there red hats on.
i can't explain the respect i have for them.......and their moms.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay for diabetes!!! I cannot tell you how fun it was to see you guys! You are the best! That was SO fun. Adam was happy to catch up with Brad too - I'm so glad! And for sure...this is a new yearly tradish, yeah? Here's to insulin & test strips! Yay!

shannon said...

thats cool.
i would never go tho, or allow my kids to go, what if they caught it from someone else?...