Tuesday, August 24, 2010

rome! (part V)


















i was absolutely in love with the italians. the way they talked, the enthusiasm they all had, the way they take 3 and a half hour lunch breaks that include a nap. everything about them i loved.
i can say you can actually see rome in one day...we just had the luxury of enjoying it in 4.

me and brad felt completely prepared for this city because we studied by watching divinci code and angels and demons. we felt ready. but for reals, we got really into seeing everything from those movies. it was awesome!

what rome let us enjoy was:
  • colosseum
  • forum
  • vatican museum (sistine chapel) and vatican square
  • st. peters basilica
  • the 4 rivers fountain
  • trevi fountain (the one from when in rome, and we fell in love with each other the second i through in that coin)
  • spanish stairs
it's funny because as i'm typing this all out, i really still can't believe we were there in person to see these things. it was amazing. i would say the thing that most blew me away was st. peter's basilica. it was UNREAL! the altar in the middle alone was 7 stories high. when we walked in i really just sat there staring for about 10 minutes. i couldn't take it in.

also-i'm soo proud to say that settebello's is SPOT ON to how they make there pizza.
it's truly italian pizza. which makes me love it even more.

and once again, there night life was not a let down. just like paris, it comes alive!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've said it before but I'll say it again...I'm so jealous. I can't believe you guys did Italy too! Wow - seriously the trip of a lifetime! I want to go so bad! I guess I better try Setebello's in the meantime - where exactly is it?

Kelsey Gibb said...

I really am laughing soo hard at the fact that you guys watched those two movies because jeff and i did the exact same thing a couple days before getting there and we were totally convinced we knew absolutely everything about Rome because of it! haha! Looking at your pics makes me want to go back soo bad! Did you guys walk the whole city? And please tell me you ate the yummiest pasta of your life there cause we sure did!!

Caitlin said...

Your trip looks amazing! It's so exciting that you got to go travel like that. Amazing pictures (like always)!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous. I know we gave you guys a hard time about the first but I have to be honest, I would definately give up the first for a trip like yours. (maybe even more than one year if I had to...don't tell anyone though!)

Kenna said...

Ummmmmmmmm amazing!!!! All your pictures/posts look unbelievable. I think I just might go in debt to experience it.
Glad you guys went and had a good time, but its nice having ya back so we can talk trash about everyone(jk)