Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bon Jour Ce Va!!!! (part I)


We are home!!
it was the freaking trip of a lifetime!!!!
it was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!
i really don't even know how to describe it other than,
i know i will remember each and every single thing that i saw for the rest of my entire life!
we were beyond fortunate to be able to go-and we are constantly talking about all the little things that happened that make us want to go back...even though i won't lie, it feels fantastic to be home in our own bed.

we did so much! i would never know or even want to blog about all the details we did,
so i'll just jot down a list of the things we were able to see and do
and throw in some pictures here and there...because lets face it, reading everything in detail would bore you to suicide.
So i'll start with England...............i will live there some day.
the most quaintest place i've ever been to.
we couldn't get enough of driving on the wrong side of the road.
i also loved how proper everyone was. very well-mannered.
i was obsessed................................with everything.

  • the town of Ely (pronounced Eel-lee) and checked out the cathedral, absolutely beautiful i might add...it was the first cathedral we saw on our trip, so naturally i was floored.
  • the town of Cambridge
  • Punting in Cambridge (boating with the stick down this beautiful river)
  • the town of Stratford (shakespeare and ann hathaways home)
  • British Museum
  • Tower of London
  • Bus Tour (The London Bridge (the one the song was named after) Parliment, The London Eye, Big Ben..)
  • Buckingham Palace (watched the changing of the guards-a little overrated i might add)
  • Piccadeli Circus
  • and of course...we stopped by Platform 9 3/4 for all you harry potter lovers.


i tried to put the pictures in the order of what we did..

this is where we stayed for the first 3 days in england before we stayed in london. i loved so much staying in the countryside, it was so beautiful.

next........paris!

6 comments:

Hailey Jones said...

you may think i'm a creep. because i am. but today i thought... i wonder if melissa and brad are home from eur.

but.. i also was @ your church or i assume the church you went to when you lived with your mom. but not AS creepy. jk it's creepy. hahahhaa.

so excited to hear about the trippy..

Carrie said...

Oh my heck. I love it and I am SO jealous! I went to Europe like 10 years ago, and I've been dying to go back ever since. Someday...

sarjuh said...

so fun! those are sweet pics!

Caitlin said...

I glad you enjoyed England. It's my favorite. I will admit that I have some similar pictures of Kings College. Every time I see it I tell James that I want to go back. Welcome home!

the murdocks said...

OH my gosh, I can't believe how gorgeous that is!!! I want to life in a tudor home in the countryside with you! I'm giddy just thinking that there are two more posts to see...

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I can't wait to see the slide show Brad promised. It looks absolutely amazing! I am jealous I have to say- but so happy you were able to go and see everything. What an incredible experience! Love ya!