Monday, August 23, 2010

paris: notre dame (part IV)








this day was sunday. it was raining from the second we woke up to the second we went to sleep. their rain is so different though, it's more like a light mist. it actually felt refreshing.
we went to church and ran into a missionary that said elizabeth smart was serving in the next ward over so it was cool to hear about her and how she's doing. he said she was way cool!

we went to notre dame that evening and the weather almost set the mood for that church.
it was dreary almost, and extremely quiet around it. we walked in and the only thing you could hear was the water dripping off of people's coats and umbrellas. i would even go as far as saying it was a little scary for me, ha. it was really dark inside. yes, i'm a fag.

anyways, for some reason i love thinking of this day, and the rain. so i did black and white when i was taking these pictures because, well..that's pretty much how it was. kind of a dark, cloudy, black and white evening. all creepiness aside, notre dame was beautiful-and we loved climbing to the top and looking over the city next to all the gargoyles.

p.s. all i could think about was the hunch-back.

3 comments:

the murdocks said...

I love that first photo of you! Your description really made me feel like I was there. I am craving a dark, cloudy day.

Allie said...

We went to Paris in 2006. I have loved looking at these pics! PS- Matt has a video clip of when we were at the Notre Dame and he is pretending to be a french tour guide. I am going to find it and send it to you. I think you would laugh.

Lindsay said...

So awesome...these pictures really make me want to be in Europe! And yeah - the remedies I've been using are awesome! They've gotten my levels back on track and I feel lots better! Seriously, homeopathics are the way to go! I think a trip to Europe wouldn't hurt either - I definitely want to go now!