Tuesday, August 24, 2010

orvieto, italy









Align Center









finally the last of the pictures. sorry they were never ending for a bit. even though your comments have literally made my days!

i saved the best for last. orvieto is a little village about an hour and a half out of rome. it was the cutest little town set on the top of these cliffs. we went there just to expect to walk through it, get lunch and then head home. but the second we came to the little village, we were insanely in love with it. i turned to brad about 5 times asking if we were on the set of a movie. we decided spur of the moment to stay the night in a cute little hotel. that was by far, the best part of the entire trip. we loved it so much. the countryside and vineyards that surrounded it, the quiet little cobblestone streets, the tiny little markets that sold fresh fruits..... it was exactly how i imagined italy to be. in that little village.

the entire trip was so great-and we were so lucky to have kelley and candace show us all the awesome places to see in london and paris! my advice...if you can't afford it, go into debt for it. it really would be worth every penny.

6 comments:

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I just finished reading and looking-first can I say-PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER! The pictures are amazing. I loved every bit of every post. What a memorable experience! So glad you made the trip. Love ya!

Lindsay said...

Wow, seriously breathtaking! Simply gorgeous. How did you guys know where to go and how to get there? What an amazing trip of a lifetime. Everything looked fabulous.

chelsey said...

WHAT A TRIP! So many fun pictures! And I'm sure so many great memories! I, too, think EVERYONE needs to see Europe! And how romantic that you were able to go with the Hubs! JEALOUS!!!

AndersenFamily said...

I love that you went.
I love that you are home.
I love hearing all about it!

I hope there are more stories to come.

Leslie said...

melissa! ohmyheck how buck stinkin fun! i LOVE the pictures! i want to hear more...

Maren said...

Hahaha! Oh debt. ;) That was funny. And I am seriously so jealous right now! Can I throw my kids on you so Joe and I can do something spontaneous like that? Sheesh! Romance. So fun.