Friday, April 2, 2010

unladylike.

Photobucket
now normally i would be humiliated beyond words to post this picture of me.
but in my defense, it's the only picture i could find
where i actually look like a lady.
this morning while i was brushing my teeth i looked in the mirror,
and i looked so ruff.
just down right ruff.
i don't know if it's the weather funk, but man,
lately i've been looking pretty harsh.
i think it's been about a week since i've put on mascara, and if i'm not lounging in my scrubs then i'm in a t-shirt and jeans.
and no, i haven't thoroughly combed my hair in about 3 days.
i have this weird motivation to be feminine all of a sudden.
i just want to feel like a girl.
there might have even been a time this week that brad asked me to shave-
or mow- my legs.
BUT.....aside from me feeling like a haggard man- leslie my cousin is sleeping in my apt as i type.
and her sweet little boy is laying right next to her.
so as far as me saying it's starting out to be a good weekend?
i'd say so!! :)
and don't think for a second i'm not as ansy as crap to get the heck out of here and hold her babes.
have a wonderful EASTER weekend everyone!!

12 comments:

Tom and Miriah said...

Melissa, I cannot for the life of me comprehend you thinking you look like a man. You are one of the most beautiful women I've ever met in my life!! Seriously, Tom had to reassure me over and over that he thought I was pretty whenever we would hang out because I would come home feeling like an umpa-lumpa or a giant blueberry, or something equally drab. And don't be embarassed of that picture; you are VERY feminine, and VERY beautiful. Just ask Brad! Love you!

Leslie said...

ummm melissa, i saw you last night and you looked anything BUT rough! and you know you have hard core dedication to your blog when you update before work! hurry home! and we all know what you really wanted to say is that if your not in your scrubs then you are lounging around in your undies.

The Harkers said...

You are gorgeous. Even when you say you look rough. And I haven't even seen you in forever, and I KNOW that. I have been jealous of you since...basically I met you!

Elizabeth said...

HA! Mowing the legs, that is classy. I LOVE that picture of you. It is beautiful, which you are. Have a great weekend.

Lindsay said...

OH MY GOSH. You are BEAUTIFUL. What a stunning picture! It is absolutely AMAZING!!! I have felt that same way lately too...no energy to care about getting ready. But I think we should definitely blame that on the betes.

the murdocks said...

HAHAHA! Brad asked you to mow your legs.

Meliss, I know you hate how people are being nice about this, so I am going to do the opposite. You look like hell. Seriously.

I can't do it, you are freaking gorgeous. At least your nose and chin aren't touching.

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

One word S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G I remember when Stacie posted the pictures of you on her blog, I think I stared at them like a stalker for about an hour. Thinking I could do that all day long. You are one of the prettiest women I have ever ever seen. If I owned something I would ask you to represent it. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Hairy legs melissa? You really havent changed much have you. So good to hear. Brad must have known what he was getting into.

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

You are so funny. I seriously laugh so hard at your posts. I think it might be something in the air because I feel the same way! Stupid winter overstaying its welcome...

the fellers said...

meliss...you are beautiful! I look in the mirror everyday and think that, I am glad to know that that happens to someone else every once in awhile!

Hailey Jones said...

funniest.
last week i stayed home from work and cleaned our messiest house all day. never changed out of my stinky pj's.
nic came home and says...
oh... so you're going to be one of these kind of wives.
hahahah.
i failed.
i love you for being a ruff.

Sarah-Ashley said...

First, I'll be reading your blog for the rest of my shift at work, which is until 7 tomorrow morning. Second, You look STUNNING.