Thursday, November 19, 2009

i was walking home from work...


and it seemed like one of those days where i was thinking deeper than usual.

i felt lucky to live in utah.
not that i have ever hated it, but sometimes i get eager to move, or get side-tracked with other states to live in, or just want something different.

today i felt lucky to live in a state with so many temples.
the mountains so dang close you could touch them.
all 4 beautiful seasons.
the sun always shining all year round, even in winter.
the streets are always clean.
people are genuinely nice, or at least try to be.
and the state basically shuts down on sundays.

i like these things about utah. i felt proud there for a min.
i'm sure my thoughts will change tomorrow, but for right now....i feel very content living where i do.








we took these pictures this summer at the farmers market, and 9th and 9th.

2 comments:

sarjuh said...

I love utah. Lived plenty outside.. but I like the "bubble" and I love all the things you just said. I could live here FOR-E-VER..~sandlot kid

the murdocks said...

I've been feeling the same way lately Meliss. I love the seasons. Utah really is a great place.