Sunday, November 15, 2009

herbal tea.

i know, this post is ridiculous.
but it really is salt lake. it's not our fault.
they made coffee, tea and crumpets look like you haven't lived yet
if you don't drink or eat them.

there is something soothing when you walk into a coffee shop.
students at there laptops writing something brilliant, a novel even.
or with the educated twosome talking and chuckling over politics.
and there is always that sophisticated man with his thick,
black glasses with that smug look reading his favorite book on art and how there is nothing else to live for unless you've let a drawing touch your soul.
not even glancing at there coffee as they put it to there mouths,
savoring every taste of moisture that touches there tongue's.
feeling confident.

the feeling of "at-ease" comes over you the second you walk through those glass doors.
the music instantly relaxes you, and you can almost taste the smell of all those
mixed lattes if you breathe it in hard enough.


salt lake has some of the most choice and most original coffee shops i've ever even imagined.
i know................we're lds.
not aloud.
BUT-we can still drink that steamed milk, enjoy that herbal tea, and definitely
devour those little cakes and crumpets.
it's all about that dang atmosphere that sucks you in and makes you want to be apart of it.


and believe me, it's an experience you want.
beehive tea room or the coffee garden will give you every ounce of satisfaction your looking for.
they never lets us down.

6 comments:

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

When can we go? I wish I was there right now! Love ya!

The Harkers said...

oh my gosh melissa that was the most brilliant post ever, I couldn't agree more! I am obsessed with those kind of shops, and I love herbal tea too! Seriously, I feel smarter for having lounged in one of them. (except for the fact I just spent 10 bucks in tea and a biscuit)

Elizabeth said...

This is our favorite thing to do as well, and AA has such a variety of coffee and tea houses. Ryan is the expert though and can tell you what tea is the best (we drank WAY too much on the mission).

The Forbes said...

love the decription I thought I was in a coffee shop. I love moments I can get out of the house. I love how much fun you are having in salt lake. and thanks for the directions. I did update after five years.

buy lipton tea said...

I want to go to that coffee shop,i love time to spend my time there.

vee

Landon and Jen said...

Melissa! I just found your blog and its got the be the most entertaining one i've ever seen haha