Wednesday, November 30, 2011

robbie is officially gone.

IMG_0061

IMG_0066IMG_0068

IMG_0070

IMG_0073IMG_0075

IMG_0069

gosh, no one can quite prepare you for letting someone go for 2 years. especially someone that you love so much. I waned to bawl my eyes out and convince him to stay, but I know he’s doing exactly what the Lord wants, and what he needs. I couldn’t let him go.  I still can’t let him go.  there is going to be a huge, missing gap at our family dinners, our nights out, and just getting random texts from him throughout the week. 

I’m going to miss his hugs.  he might be the only sibling that hugs the other siblings when they walk through the door. it comes to natural to him. he has so much love.  I’m going to miss his music. he always had the best music.  I’m going to miss him laughing.  he was always laughing at everyone’s jokes.  I’m going to miss his humor. after we dropped him off, all we could do was think of all his funny jokes and sayings.  even after he’s gone he will keep us laughing just thinking about him. I’m going to miss him. everything about him. I hope he knows how much our family loves him, and how long we sat there crying after he walked away for 2 years.

4 comments:

bgibb said...

be glad it's only 2 years!

Kris and Corissa said...

it's true..it is super hard. i hated when my brother left also. but time flies and now he is back already. and..he came back the same funny person that i love. but i know how you feel right now. don't worry, it gets better. :)

Leslie said...

luckily california isnt that far away....i cant believe he is gone! it will be awesome for him and your family though

Allie said...

We cried so hard when my little brother left, and we cried even harder the day he came home. It really did go by so fast!