Thursday, October 22, 2009

nothing beats bowling. especially with the goodmans.

bowling is one of those things that i always forget about,
but when i do end up going,
it always, without fail, turns out being something i crave and live for.
i think i just luck out with the people i end up going with,
because when we went with kenna and aaron-it was a freaking party.
these guys are a riot.
not to mention there son is one of the cutest kids i've ever laid eyes on.
promise when we posed for this picture we had no idea our tongues were this close.
had us rolling when we saw it.sweet leslie and her husband sean met up with us and bowled for a bit towards the end. both sensational bowlers.
this is kenna breast feeding her 2 and a half year old son right in the middle of our game. just kidding, but we laughed so hard when we saw this because that's exactly what it looked like. so we're just going to have to pretend for entertainments sake.



****when i walk home from work, i pass by a catholic high school. so every time i walk by, there is this kid that is always sitting next to this tree by himself. he's got the goth look down to an art. earrings covering every inch of his head and eye liner like i've never seen. for some reason my heart always breaks when i pass him-don't know why.
anyways, i walked by today and he was there under that tree-just staring. so of course thinking that if i say hi, i might prevent him from committing suicide right on the spot. so i say a simple hello with one of the biggest smiles i've ever put out. i'm feeling good like we could be the best of friends with the greeting i just gave him. he looks up and says without even a flinch-"eat Sh**. "

i kept walking not knowing what was getting smaller faster, my entire body or my ego. by the time i got home i was about 1 inch big and completely egoless.

so there ya go-thought you would like a "happy ever after" story for your day. i still don't know what to think about it. but i did get a good laugh on the way home with a rush of pain in my face from being so red.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA melissa - i can not stop laughing at that story! hahahaha! priceless! and do you remember when we attempted bowling together...unfortunatly not the best experience...we need to try it again!
leslie

Tom and Miriah said...

Cannot believe he said that to you! Wow. Guess that's what you get for being nice. Holy cow!

Kenna said...

Love it, love it, love it. What a fun night! I am so freakin glad that you always have your camera. Thanks for the great night it was so much fun and we can't wait to do it again.
Love your story about being kind, hahaha.
Sorry I didn't make it tonight, hope all went well, see ya soon.

Allie said...

Words cannot express how much that story made me pee pants. I love that you were hoping to save a life, but instead were instructed to eat shit. Unbelievable.

Bytheway, I didn't see your instant chat until after you had logged off, but I would absolutely love to FB chat with you!

Jessica Fronce said...

Hi Melissa! I hope you don't mind that I read your blog, but you totally make my day every time you post and I absolutely loved todays. So thanks! :) And I commended you for being so sweet to that boy. I am sure he will feel bad about what he said someday. Maybe...

Jennie B. said...

I LOVE that story! Why didn't you call him on it? I would have DIED! Poor boy is probably so sad and lonely. Bowling sounds sooo fun. I'm scared I would catch the swine! Why am I so paranoid?

Carrie said...

Bahahaha I love it! That's totally how I would have played out the scenario in my head. love. it.

Anonymous said...

i really wish that i could think of a really clever comment right now, but i cant. so i'll give it to you-funny story.
shann