Monday, October 26, 2009

moments i wouldn't mind remembering.


so it wasn't the most jam-packed weekend,
but there were some little things that made it a great couple of days.
ok, so it's another cheese ball post.
but it seemed like i had some little moments over the
weekend that i keep
thinking back on that i just loved.

1. our ward is split with a deaf ward. i went to a boy's baptism and both of his parents were deaf, and he wasn't. it brought me to tears listening to the father give the baptism blessing and not being able to make out his words, but knowing that Heavenly Father and the mans son could understand every single word.

2. watching mary poppins under the same blanket with our 2 year old neighbor while brad studied. not because i was babysitting, but because it was the movie that we both agreed on.

3. listening to a 5 year old girl give a prayer and all that was said was, "dear Heavenly Father, thank you, amen."

4. a neighbor recommending chicken soup for the womans soul and not being able to put it down because of the wonderful stories from people's lives.

5. watching THIS and wanting nothing, but to be with people i love.

6. brad asking me if i wanted to take a bath with him (sorry, graphic), and me saying no because our bathtub is nasty. 30 minutes later going into the bathroom to find brad on his knees scrubbing the tub.

7. having an 86 year old woman in our ward ask me to finish painting the mouth on her pumpkin. and the entire time i was painting she was hovering over my shoulder and laughing so hard out of excitement.


(picture taken in kauai with brad)

5 comments:

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I am crying right now. I could picture and feel each of your experiences. I watched the video-thanks for the uplift you have given me! Love ya!

Nicole S. said...

Your hubby is so sweet! I absolutely loved this post. It's things like this post that make my day a little better.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH you are great really I miss being with you all the time. I feel like I have been wanting to talk to you for so long but all I have to say is that I miss you. You are such a good person seriously and reading your blog always makes me so happy. I'm lucky to be associated with you and have so many memories, the truck driver honking and waving on the freeway is on my top 5 now! Keep up the blogging even if I have to go back 5 pages because I don't look at it everyday or every week for that matter I still love being apart of your life. Lets not make it long until we see eachother again. Love ya!

Caitlin said...

What a great post! What sweet moments to remember.

Allie said...

I loved this post, Melissa. Awesome awesome awesome.