Wednesday, October 14, 2009

gentle josh got baptized

well, the caboose of the family finally got baptized.
this kid melts my heart.
he really is a gentle josh.
he wanted all of the siblings to sing "i want to see the temple" because
it's his favorite primary song.

i didn't know this, but my mom said that one of his first days of elementary school the teacher asked a bunch of kids to say where they would go if they could go anywhere in the world. while other little kids were saying they wanted to see africa, or be on an island, josh of course being straight out of heaven said, "i want to see inside the temple".

so all of us siblings, with no practice, got up and sang.
i couldn't stop bawling.
i'm going to say it was because i'm a spiritul boulder,
and not because i was buck raging nervous.
and then i looked around and saw that everyone was bawling.
he's the last one. the last baptism of our family. and it's funny how he is the most caring, and loving of us all. while my mom was giving her talk, along with brads, we all looked down the row to see josh, in his white little outfit, patiently just listening to
every word that was being said. what a kid.

all i remember from my baptism is me crying my face off because my white outfit looked like elvis, and i was so mad because stacie's baptism outfit was a dress. if only josh was there to calm me down and help me see the bigger picture.


we all love him so much! and you could tell from how many tears were shed, that we are all so happy for him.



oh and p.s.
could you just freaking die....?

3 comments:

tracie said...

What a sweet heart! I can only hope that my youngest of six is the same. When Haylie got baptized she was absolutly humiliated to come out in her elvis suit!

the murdocks said...

It was such a tender time. Lil Joshy. And I'm happy you brought up your baptism because I remember you were bawling also because there was another baptism going on in the same room and you were crushed you weren't the only one.

the fellers said...

i promise, i started to cry!