Saturday, August 22, 2009

gallery stroll and the best belgium waffles we've ever had

the gallery stroll was going on in downtown salt lake.
it was so cool!
all these shops had these hidden gallery's underneath in the basements of the stores and had tables of cheese, fruit and crackers and some of the coolest art work i've seen. we felt cool blending in among the salt lakians



the food friday night was by far the best part of the night.
we found this hole-in-the-wall waffle restaurant that had THE MOST AMAZING waffles i've ever had in my LIFE!
this man straight from belgium opened up his shop and is living his dream of selling the true stuff. he was so cute and oh so dang nice. it was an awesome night.

and can i just say for the record.......i'm so obsessed with living in downtown salt lake.
we both talk as if it's going to be our home for the rest of our lives. so as of right now, we are hooked.
but man, i have to learn to control myself when we
find new places to eat like this. especially when we find them 9:00 at night .
i'm just praying
my scale is lying to me every time i step on the thing.

8 comments:

the fellers said...

it is lying meliss....it is totally lying...

Dan and Nicole said...

You always find such fun things to do! I need to be more observant of what is going on downtown and attend more events. It always looks like fun!

Dan and Nicole said...

You always find such fun things to do! I need to be more observant of what is going on downtown and attend more events. It always looks like fun!

J & P Gibb said...

Melissa I think you two have way too much fun. I love that city life. Hey who is the gorgeous little girl in the pashmina. She is a beauty. Great photos. Auntie

Kenna said...

Salt Lake is wonderful, there is always something going on every night and every weekend, gotta love it.
I want to go to the waffle place so bad, it looks yummy.
See ya Wednesday!

Caitlin said...

Soo.. we are totally the opposite! We hate living downtown. But I'm glad you guys find awesome and fun things. And yummy restaurants! Gotta love those hole-in-the-wall places. Yum.

Brittany Larsen said...

oh my heck that looked like a hoot mellissa! i didn't know you lived in Salt Lake! that is awesome. I feel dumb i was so close and had no idea. your pictures were way good!

Bridger W. said...

I've heard nothing but good things about those waffles. I'm going there as soon as I care enough to do so.