Saturday, August 4, 2012

introducing....

Ivy Charone {sher-on} Elder
born July 31st, 2012
coming into the world at a gigantic 9 lbs 14 ounces.

after 22 hours of labor, and a c-section,
she was finally in our arms...but only for literally a few minutes.
she had to be rushed down to the NICU and has been there ever since.
we're praying she's out by next week, but until then, we literally look forward to every. single. second we get to spend with her.
she's in there because hypoglycemia is pretty common with newborns who have type 1 diabetic mammas.
her poor little body is so used to having to produce more insulin because of my sugars.
so until they're regulated, we don't get to hold her.
literally the hardest thing we've ever had to do was say goodbye to her.
it's funny because our home seems so empty now.
and it was so depressing seeing her empty carseat in the back on the way home.
oh my gosh do we love her. now i know what all you motha's out there are talking about when they talk about love. it's indescribable really.

but here's to hoping we get her all to ourselves next week!!


13 comments:

Kay said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby! I love her name and those cheeks; chubby babies are the best! Hope you get to snuggle that sweet thing at home soon. You will make one heck of a mama!

Leslie said...

MELIS! I am so happy for you guys! I am so happy you did this post because I have been DYING! I hope so bad you guys can take little Ivy home soon, I can't even imagine how hard that must be! Iplease post about her daily!

Erin and Tony said...

She is so beautiful Melissa! Sounds a lot like my first labor/c-section. Brutal! So sorry you didn't get to bring her home with you... that is so hard! My first had hypoglycemia and some other consequences of a diabetic mama too, but they get over it quick :)

Teandra said...

I'm so sorry! Glad you both are doing well though.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two.
We are so happy for you, she is beautiful. What a blessing.
We ache for you until she is home
healthy and happy. Our Prayers
continue. Patty and John

Amanda said...

YEAH!!!!!! She is gorgeous!! What a darling name too! I am so excited for you- but mostly for her. What an awesome family she gets! Good luck- we'll pray for her too. Amanda

Suzanne said...

I am so happy for you all! Congrats on a darling baby girl. I love the thought of you being a mom, and I hope you get her home soon!

Jessica Fronce said...

Congratulations Melissa and Brad! Ivy is absolutely beautiful! So happy for you both. :)

The Harkers said...

AHHH shes so beautiful!
Congrats!!!!
I hope she gets better and you can take your little angle home

Zak and Emily Smith said...

WOW!! she is beautiful, hope all goes well for her! Hang in there!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an ANGEL! I'm so excited and happy for you all! Congratulations! So sorry about the crappy hypoglycemia, that has to be the PITS! I'm so sorry. But wow, she is amazing, what a beautiful little girl. So glad she is here safe and sound! Isn't it just amazing? Indescribable, you're right. CONGRATS!!! Hope you are feeling okay too! Can't wait for more pictures!!!

Maren said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations Melissa and Brad! I hope you get to take her home soon!!

Kenna said...

Congrats! She is perfect, every ounce of her! Congrats! Hope she is home with you soon!