Thursday, August 16, 2012

cousin love.


stace came over today to work her magic behind the camera on ivy.  
(which explains the white blanket)
i tell ya, she's a magician with that thing. 

in between shots, reese kept asking to hold "baby ivy". 
when she would hold her she would say over and over again in the cutest, highest pitch voice, 
"hi.....hi......hi.....hi", all while stroking her face or hand. 

these little moments do something to me that i can't explain. 
seeing her loving my little ivy so tenderly and petting her over and over again was like feeling heaven in my living room. watching her love my daughter so much and want to be near her and touch her was like watching angels interact. both these little people still have so much heavenly love that the world hasn't taken away from them yet. the purest of love. 

i can honestly say, i'm the happiest i've ever been in my life. 
i can't believe how scared (scared being a huge understatement) i was to have a kid. 
i love my little family so much. 



3 comments:

The Merrills said...

Ahh!! I love it! I'm so happy you blog. I'm going to try to get my but in gear again.
P.s.. I'm obsessed with ivy. Post all you want about her!!!!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

She's so adorable! Funny how words don't really work anymore. The feelings totally transcend anything you can say!

Maren said...

I know what you mean. It's been so fun watching my kids interact with Zoe. You said it just right. Angels.