Wednesday, August 22, 2012

music i've been loving lately...

i had a huge fear that when my girl was born my music was going to come to a dead hault. well, if anything it's become even more a part of my life.  it's constantly playing in the background while i'm feeding her, cleaning, walking, eating, showering and i promise even going to the bathroom. now, i'm not blazing some of the old stuff i would before she was born, but i have found some of the best music that is calming for me and i don't feel like i'm ruining her soul.

thought i'd share some with you...

the staves have stolen mine and brads heart and soul.  their voices put us in a dream.  they are constantly playing in the background of our house.



edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros have become a rapid fast favorite.  this is only one of the many songs i've been loving from them.



brad introduced me to this song, by king creosote, and it captured my heart. its extremely calming and i love the words so much.



this next artist is also becoming a fast favorite.  ryan darton.  and he lived in salt lake for awhile so i consider him local:). not to mention he's an extremely nice person which makes him even more likeable.



and last but absolutely not least, husky. my sisters friend introduced these guys to us and ive been thanking him ever since.


well there ya have it.  thank goodness for music eh?

1 comment:

Kenna said...

I am now and utterly obsessed with the Staves! I now have the song on repeat!
Thank you for always sharing your music, I love new music, old music, new artists!
Also I loved your previous post, that nurse was so right and true, because soon they won't want to snuggle all night, and you truly deeply miss those late quiet nights together. There is something so special and unforgettable about the first few months!
I am so happy for you Melissa and thank you for still updating your blog and letting us know how life is!