Tuesday, August 9, 2011

a perfect day for a sweet celebration.

brad's grandpa and his cute little girlfriend, anne, (both are almost 90) ran off and got married.  could you die? last saturday we all celebrated their little wedding with a giant picnic.  i can't believe i didn't get any pictures of them, but there were so many people that we all went off and played in the grass.  it was right by the mountain and all the field a kid could ask for.  it was beautiful.

promise i almost gave her some lingerie for fun, and then i got incredibly uncomfortable thinking of actually giving it to her.  i didn't want her to take me too serious. so instead i just gave her the advice that sometimes "the first year is the hardest."

while we were all playing, ashlyn sat on my lap and grabbed my face in both her hands and said, "aunt melissa, are we going to be best friends forever do you think? because i really want to be best friends forever." one of the sweetest things i've ever heard. i can only pray we are.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I love that. Everything about this post. And I just finished watching a chick flick and thought, you and Brad must constantly be in a chick flick movie. Everything is funny and passionate and interesting and you're both so cute and perfect for each other. Can I creepily be in your movie?

Elizabeth said...

Pretty sure my daughter loves you more than me, she never asks to be my best friend! So, when she is a teenager, can I send her your way? I love that my kids cling to you. Even Shay freaked out reading this post and seeing you on the computer. :)

Pierre M said...

Thanks for sharing thiss