Monday, July 16, 2012

glimpses of our home.

for some reason i feel really dumb showing pictures of our home.  i think it's because it doesn't mean a thing to anyone else except us, ha.  we tried to make everything feel like "our" home. of course there's still so much work to be done, but for right now, here are some pics of our abode. the kitchen is the room that is the least finished, but the room that i love the most.  the cabinets, the windows, the openness of it all. i almost don't want to touch it and keep it open and bare forever. 
we got the rug from overstock, and the couches were the best find possible. they're from west elm and we got them off ksl from a couple that had them only for 2 months.  they paid over 3000 for them both. they didn't like how they looked in their living room and didn't want to deal with the hassle of shipping them back, so we got them for 650. i'm smiling right now just thinking about it. 


 the coffee table was also another dynamite find off ksl.  originally from pottery barn for 599, we got it for 50 from a woman that was moving. 
the chandelier was the people's that lived in it before.  i still can't believe they left it, it's a 1920 chandelier.  the only thing they changed was the electricity. before it had candles. the look isn't quite my taste, but it's growing on us. 
the built-in cabinets have me drooling sometimes.  i can't describe how much i'm obsessed with them. 
and the windows leave me smiling for hours. the natural lighting in this house is a treasure to me. 
sorry, i didn't even bother to clean up before taking the pictures. 
those "buttons" are the actual light switches.  that's how they are in most of the home. love!

i'm obsessed with the farmhouse faucet. 
 you wouldn't believe me if i told you, but that little closet is an ironing board that pops out. 


i wanted the nursery to be as personable as possible, a room that i genuinely love being in. so i got pictures of me and brad, along with all of our parents when they were kids to hang up.  you can't really see it, but that picture with the ice cream truck is my absolute favorite.  it's brad and his brothers all lined up eating popsicles. 


well there ya have it. i keep cringing at the quality of my camera phone.  these pictures look horrible, but whatevs, you get the jist of it:). 

8 comments:

Kristen Ruiz said...

I am sooo jealous!! Your house is absolutely darling. You make me so excited to move out of my in-laws basement and to finally have a place of my own!!! Hope you're doing well :)

Nicole S. said...

Beautiful home, Melissa!!! One day I want to come see it.

Zak and Emily Smith said...

Such a cute house!! Loved the pics!

Maren said...

Oh my goodness! I love your style and the way your home is coming together! A very exciting time for you guys! Joe and I KIND OF get to do that in a couple of weeks when we move out East for a couple years (we are bringing pretty much nothing and have to furnish everything out there), ...except the joys will be having to find affordable things that aren't entirely disgusting to look at!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! I am in love with your style! Everything looks so clean and crisp, simple and elegant. I love it. SUCH a beautiful home!

Leslie said...

love it melis! the thing i am most happy aboutr is that you can now sneeze in your bathroom without bonking your head on the door!

Kenna said...

I am smitten with your new home! I absolutely love every corner of it and it's charm! I love every picture, the fireplace, the chandiler, the light switches, amazing!
You have done an amazing job putting it all together!

Caitlin said...

I love your house! It looks fantastic!