Thursday, June 28, 2012

baby showers are fantastic for reuniting with the best people.

this shower was seriously a blast! cousins, aunts, high school friends, ward friends, and women i grew up with that are like second moms to me, all in the same place.  bliss. except for the awkward part of sitting and opening presents.  i don't know why that is always so uncomfortable for me. my heart is so full and grateful it could burst while opening, but it's still weird to sit and have all eyes on you. especially when i feel so pretty in this pregnant body suit that feels like my body is spewing all over the pavement. and let's not even talk about how my smile is almost non-existent because my face is so big. 

i'm so thankful to have such an incredible circle of people in my life. and i'm even more thankful to bring this new little booger into this sensational circle. i feel so lucky. truly. thank you so much for all those who took the time to come and support me and my baby cakes. 









p.s. i got word that some invites either came late or didn't come at all.  i blame the mail. i'm so sorry if that was you.  i don't know what happened. i honestly don't, but if you are a friend and didn't get an invite, i promise on my life that's why.

4 comments:

Nicole S. said...

OH man, you should have totally invited me (who knows, maybe you did). I've been waiting for word of a baby shower for you. Maybe I should have made it known. I guess I'll just have to come visit when she is here so I can snuggle her and give you a gift! :)

Kenna said...

Melissa it was great to see you! I sure do miss you. I am so excited for your little bundle to come, she is going to be precious!

Maren said...

I did NOT get an invite! ;) jk. I laughed pretty hard at your pregnancy-body-suit comment and that your face is so big your smile disappears. Haha! I on;y laugh because I know all too well what you are talking about! Anywho, you look beautiful and I missed you and Stacy at the First! Have a happy fourth today!

The Merrills said...

Love it!! It was so fun to come see you and everyone! So excited for baby Elder to arrive!!