Monday, February 21, 2011

feeling good again.

my energy is finally back and i wake up excited again. 
i feel like i can't take for granted feeling good because i wanted it so bad when i was sick.  

i keep thinking back to some things i treasured this past couple of weeks that make me so freaking happy.

we were lucky enough to spend a lot of time this past week with brads brother ryan and liz from michigan.  their kids melt me to the point of not being able to function. one night i was tickling ashlyn's feet, their 4 year old red head, and she asked me to tell her a long bed time story about me and her. i ache thinking of how cute it was.

waking up to brad tickling my back saturday morning.

during the lesson on sunday, one of my young women asked me to tell her a story of back when i was high school, and then she followed by saying she loved the "version of me in high school". i'm sure because every time i talk about high school it has to do with me being an idiot.

cooper saying to stace, "we haven't seen melissa in years".

one day when i was sick i physically couldn't move, so i was laying on the couch half dead and just let my ipod play and this song came on.  i think it was the first and only time i smiled that day.

i was with my family on sunday and me, my sisters and my mom were laughing at some old pictures.  i treasure sitting around with my family making fun of ourselves. life is never serious with my family.

hearing my brother get excited about a kiss he layed on a girl he likes.

having a blast with the mirrors in an elevator with the young women. we took about a dozen pictures.

brad making his traditional valentines day red heart-shaped pancakes. i was too sick to even eat them. but the thought of him waking up early to make them in his garments leave me wanting to pinch his little buttcheeks.

this blog post.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you're back in the saddle and feeling better! This was a great post! Haha!

Maren said...

Hee hee hee! You said butt-cheeks! Glad you're feeling better!

Kenna said...

oh geez! You all look so cute in that pic, oh how I miss each and everyone of you!
I am so glad you are feeling better, that crud has been around to everyone.

the murdocks said...

What a great post Meliss. I am glad you are back to blogging.